Monday, September 10, 2012

AuGUST!

Well, it was quite the month, and at first I didn't think we did anything, then I went and looked a pictures and we actually did quite a bit. But instead of posting a gazillion individual photos, I decided I'd try and be "crafty" or "tricky" or some other word, and I digitally scrap booked the way I know how... nothing to fancy, but anyway... so I'll explain each set of pictures probably, and of course, give you links to things I made or recipes I used.

The beginning of the month, you know we went and took Addisen to get her teeth fixed. The plan after that was to stay a few days up north with my best friend and hang out and craft and have a good time together before Josh got done with his summer job. Well... Amelia go sick, so that didn't happen.

Luckily we got to see each other a bit the next week when we were both over to Moab, me to pick up Josh, her to celebrate her Grandma's 90th birthday surprise party!

 I helped by making some hair flowers for some family pictures they were taking.


 I followed this tutorial. I did burn my fingers a little, well, not really burned, but singed a little when I wasn't paying attention. But they turned out super cute! I also made some for Addisen's cousin who's birthday was coming up and is one of Addisen's "Best Pen Pal Buddies" They turned out super cute too, pink and brown and a pale pink and one other one, but... I forgot to take pictures! Oh well!

I also got to help said best friend, make a cake for the party. We didn't have a ton of time and some miscommunication on my part, led us to get very creative with the stacking and such, but even if it didn't look the best, it still turned out cute and tasted great!
 I'm a little surprised it turned out as well as it did with all the visiting and laughing and frosting fighting we had. It was great to get to hang out for awhile and laugh with my best friend. We made our own marshmallow fondant by following this ladies outstanding how-to video.

While we were at Grandma's house Addisen decided to show off how many faces she is capable of. We didn't catch them all but here are a few we frequently see.

Amelia has been growing too. We have two teeth all the way in and her top four have been bulging and taxing us for the entire month, I just wish they would come through already so she would be a happy camper again. She's also very mobile, though she's lazy and will only army crawl a little. Mostly she rolls on her back, and cries and pumps her legs and bum until someone comes to pick her up. Silly girl. Luckily, we've found out she likes the swing, when almost nothing else will work, the swing and her hippo will usually do it.

The girls have been really cute together lately too. Amelia really loves her sister almost all the time, and when Josh or I can't get her to be happy it's usually because she wants her sister to play with her and pay attention to her.

 We also entered a bunch of things in the county fair this year. (Most of the things I've shared on my blog actually). Addisen has been taking pictures with my camera off and on lately, so we entered some of her stuff, and a leather key chain she stamped at our family reunion this summer. I entered photos, the dresses I've sewn, a few hair flowers, some ric-rac rings, my seasonal wreath, and some baked goods and chocolate dipped items.


 Addisen didn't really feel like having her picture taken with her ribbons, but we got her to smile for the one. The dinosaur one is hers in the picture she isn't looking. She won $12 all together, not to bad for a three year old. =] We enjoyed some very tasty food to boot!

We also went to the Carnival that was attached. Thanks to a sister that told me to buy my tickets early in town for half price, we were able to have a ton of fun! The first ride Addisen went on with Josh was something called the Tornado. I wasn't sure she'd have fun, I thought it might freak her out, but she LOVED it! I didn't get any pictures because I was feeding Amelia, but it was fun to watch. She was also tall enough for the faris wheel this year and went with her Dad. It was lots of fun, I did a quick and slap together job of the continuous photos of them. She also had some fun when her cousins showed up and rode with them on a bunch of rides she was tall enough for this year she wasn't last year.
Josh and I went on one called the Zipper, that was fun, but I screamed a bunch... well laugh screamed. I tend to laugh when I get nervous or freaked out on rides. I like them, but yeah. We spent the last of our tickets going down the big slide. I had fun, and Addisen sounded like she was having fun, but her face didn't really show it.

After a long and hot day, Josh was great and waited for me to pick up all our entries, which too forever it felt like. (He was also great to help out when I entered them.) Then he finally got to do a little of what he wanted when we drove up the mountain and he went fishing. The girls loved it too, except Addisen kept catching slime and freaking out. It started to get cold so the girls and I went to the car while Josh stayed for a few more minutes of quiet to see if he could actually catch something without Amelia giggling or Addisen goofing off. We didn't catch anything, but it was nice to get up into the mountain air. Fall is a coming, and usually I'm not a huge fan, except for the colors and the fact that Halloween is coming, but this year, I feel like it might mean some need and wanted changes. I'm crossing my fingers at least.

Also... Look what I grew!!!

I was pretty sure the squash and pumpkin plants we planted this spring were going to die horrible, unproductive deaths (which admittedly several did) because I wasn't really here this summer to tend them like I should have. But lo and behold, one squash plant was a determined little thing and this is what happened. I also have one other with two still tiny ones growing so we'll see. You can't tell in the picture, but this thing was about 8 inches long or so! Whoot!

Sad to say, one pumpkin plant is still alive, but it is just sort of... there. Addisen wanted to grow our own pumpkins for Halloween, but alas, we'll have to try again next year.

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! I love the pictures of all Addisen's crazy faces. It reminds me of my silly kids too!

    ReplyDelete