Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Novemberrrrr...

November!
It went by fast and honestly, I'm not sure where all the time went. We got our first "real" snow, but it was powder, so no snowmen, even for my snow adventurer. Josh had mid terms and we continued our job hunt. We got really excited about a job he was fully qualified for but in the end never got a call on. Josh said from the beginning he figured they were just posting it because they legally had to, but had someone in mind for it already... se la vi? or something like that.
 

The girls continued to be their silly selves and surprise me, Addisen with her creative mind and immagination, Amelia with her teasing and testing of limits.

We did get to go to the Christmas Cavalcade Parade, which is a really big and long parade here filled with characters from all types of things, movies, books, etc. We got to sit with cousins and friends. Not everyone that volunteered for the parade(or was consigned into it by people who arrange it) were very fun. I mean, you're dressed up as a beloved children's character, at least try to have fun. I got to be part of this and play Snow White back before I had Addisen, and when they did the festival of trees at the end, I also got to play Cinderella one year. Kids are soooo excited to see the Characters, it bummed me out a bit when some of the characters weren't even waving! More than one were bunched in groups having conversations with other characters and completely forgetting they were walking a parade route it seemed. Then came a very enthusiastic and fun group filled with Comic book Characters and Disney Princesses. They took a few brief minutes to come and say Hi to the kids, give hugs and high fives, so it ended on a good note at least. Thank you out there to those that at least tried to have fun with it!

Amelia got her very first "piggy tails" this month too! She'd had hair long enough for awhile I suppose, but I always feel sooo bad putting them in because they have to be those tiny rubber bands and they have to be tight. She looks super cute, but I still don't do them too often, even if I love them on her cute little head. She also started "doing a yoga" as Addisen calls it. I mentioned one time when she first did it that it reminded me of doing Yoga, so now that's what it is dubbed. She just gets silly and teasing and then stands on her head... we aren't sure why, but she gets a good laugh and so do we. She now climbs into her bumbo on her own too, even though we don't use it. She just squats in there and drums on it, it's pretty funny that she used to buck to get out and now pushes it around to get in.

We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho with family and were busy but had lots of fun. I made my third set of successful Pecan Pies (one of our favorites). I think I've finally gotten it down so that I don't need to stress so much that they are all going to be syrup for ice cream, tasty syrup, but syrup is what I got several times when I first started making them. Though, I'm not sure I'll ever loose that momentary feeling of panic right as one of them is being cut into.  Anyway... Addisen was a brave girl and let her Daddy put her up on a horse by herself for the first time. She's ridden twice before I believe, but always with someone. She was nervous but lost her nerves when I pulled out the camera, then she was all smiles and poses. It was great and she loved it as scared as thought she was. I also helped my sister-in-law decorate her studio for a craft fair that was held there and hung out selling soup. I helped paint a sign for her gymnastics studio that we lit and they put on the back of a truck for their light parade. It was fast paced, but I think part of that had to do with the cold. Addisen sat on her first Santa lap of the year there too and Amelia also. She wasn't too nervous and told him exactly what she wanted. We got to watch our niece and nephews perform some of their ballroom routines at a showcase and play on some of the big foam mats for the gymnastics. Addisen has informed me since that she wants to dance and do gymnastics like her cousin Abby, who was such a sweety and really took Addisen under her wing even with the big age difference. The time went too fast. I wish we could have had more days for some more hanging out and down time. We got to stop in and see another of Josh's brother's families and their new baby, but not for as long as we would have liked then either. We were running late and had a long drive and ended up missing a few stops we wanted to make because we had forgotten Addisen's softy somehow and had to turn around 45mins after starting... it was quite the drive and we got home really late. Just so much family and not enough time...

When we got home I decided I wanted some holiday toes so... here they are. Addisen only wanted her fingers, then I tipped mine and we just had a girly afternoon one day. Sometimes girl time is just what ya need.

We put up our tree pretty quickly this year too since we weren't going to be at our house for Christmas, I wanted to enjoy it as long as we could before we left. We did a Red, White, and Blue tree this year since we were given some of those decorations. Addisen also picked some other gold ornaments that I had gotten on clearance a few years before and we'd never used. It turned out really pretty and the memorial ornament we have really blended well this year. It all just felt "right" for our family, as cheesy as that may sound. I loved it even if I was constantly trying to get Amelia to leave it alone =] As you can see, even putting up a box in front of it didn't deter her for too long, she just learned how to pull it down on it's side so she could climb up it and thus have better access to the things she wanted to touch. =]
And that was November!

1 comment: