Saturday, April 20, 2013

Twas the Season

Okay, sooo I wasn't great with the catch up stuff, but I do still want to post up some of the picture pages I made and document what went on with them. ^_^ 

Between thanksgiving and before Christmas we were able to get some really cute pictures of the girls all dressed up in fancy dresses. Addisen of course couldn't pass up an opportunity to pull a few faces. I love this kid! And boy oh boy, those curls!
 

 Amelia was less thrilled than Addisen to have her picture taken, but we were still able to get some cute shots of her. She was more interested in crawling back and pulling ornaments off the tree. ^_^

They did a little better together, but the outside picture- it was windy and a little cold, but not terrible, which was crazy for this year, because it was still in the high 50's at the beginning of December so we went outside.

We also went to the Heritage Museum for their Family Night... it was soooo crowded. I think it would have been better if we didn't have a meltdown over getting sticky. =/ I split up from Josh and the girls to do a dipped candle while they went to get smore's and that is when it went down hill. The pictures don't show it, all of them were before that though. There was kiln baked scones and hot cider, Addisen sat on another Santa Lap and got a candy cane, we made a pipe cleaner reindeer, though the girl in charge of the station made me feel like an idiot instead of a competent adult *shrug* I think going on a regular day rather than one of their special events would make it more enjoyable. 

We also had a ward party and I signed up for cookies. Addisen helped and her cousins too because they came to play and we took them with us. ^_^ Despite the mounds of sprinkles and minny M&M's, our cookies went almost the fastest- I think mostly because other little fingers knew how sugary good they were going to be! Addisen is a great little baking helper!

Just some fun with my girls. They are such sweet hearts! I am always behind the camera so I asked Josh to take my picture for a new profile picture and my girls decided to photo bomb, but I don't mind, they were so cute!. =]

We needed to go on a trip for a few things from Costco, and a trip down there just wouldn't be worth it, really, if we didn't get to visit Grandma. She is always so gracious and never lets us leave without feeding us and then serving us desert. Addisen loves her too and Grandma always finds something to give to her, this time it was an lace angel a friend had given her, that she plays with with all her princess dolls. We love our Grandma Great!

We headed over for Josh to work and to spend time with family and friends. Here are a few pictures of some fun we had. The girls LOVED playing the piano with my mom, and Amelia really loved the old fashioned light weight walker that she could just pick up and haul around (she really could have walked had she wanted to, but it didn't happen for awhile yet after this). Addisen also wrapped and wrote her name on some presents for her cousin that had a birthday while we were there. Oh yes... and just in case none of you believed me, my Dad play's computer games... seriously. I have proof!

We got to go down and spend some time with Josh's family. His dad had been playing Santa for a lot of people and we were lucky enough that he did it for our girls too. Addisen knew who he really was (we'd talked about how Grandpa was a helper Santa. I still haven't figured out how to completely work this, since I didn't grow up believing in Santa, and Josh grew up with him as his Dad. ^_^)

I loved it! Thanks Tom!

Addisen also got to play with her best buddy cousin, and Santa Grandpa had bought them their very own castle and Grandma had gotten princess dress-up dresses and and crowns and wands. They LOVED it! 

They each had to have a turn in the pink and purple dresses and traded a few times =]

The Sunday before Christmas we got the girls in their "Christmas Dresses" just nicer ones we already had, I didn't have time to sew any. Anyway, I thought it was funny that we had a picture repeat. I wonder if this will happen every year?

Christmas morning was lots of fun. Addisen was super excited for a ton of her stuff. Amelia was the first one awake and got us all up, and we got to look around before the cousins came up.
Addisen was so excited for Candy Land and her Princess Press on nails that she begged for, for months every time we got near them in the store.
Amelia didn't get it soo much, and it took her awhile to warm up to the whole opening presents things. She loved her cousins slide though and took every chance she could to use it when no one was looking. We had breakfast and Amelia fell asleep in her seat for the first time ever! She was so wiped out it didn't even phase her when we took her out and laid her down.
I was going to write about the labor of love I made for Josh, but I feel it deserves it's own post since I have... 4 picture collage's for it so I'll post it next. 

We also spent New Years with family. We celebrated early with the drop of the Ball in Louisianna, we watched the New York ball sort of and also watched a boot or a star or horseshoe or something drop for the Louisiana time. Ten was plenty late for our girls, but we had fun playing with all the crack open things and the confetti poppers.

So it was a fun month. Next up a post about the "Q-bert Quilt"!

No comments:

Post a Comment