Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall is a FLYIN'!

Okay, so it's been awhile since I updated. September felt like it came and went sooo fast! It was a blast though. A few updates, we traded Addisen's room and our office/craft/reloading station/storage room. She's been too big for her toddler for awhile now and through some generous grandparents, we were able to get her a new twin. It would have fit in her old room but we realized(and hope) that Amelia will be sleeping in her room with her soon and then it wouldn't really all fit. I hated it at first, but now I really like it, despite the fact that it is a little more cramped in mine and Josh's shared space.

I also went on a cleaning spree because of this(you wouldn't know it now that I have two mobile children who think pulling everything they own out and spreading it from their room through the whole house is a fun game to play EVERY day). I love how mostly organized things are and how besides the every day pick up, it is clean.

I also hosted BUNKO for the first time in my life. My sister invited me to her group a few years ago, and I went off and on, now I'm a regular and had never hosted so I decided to do it. I had fun, I hope the ladies did too! I ended up making part of take home prize, some home made sugar scrub, which I paired with a set of cute socks for each of the ladies. It also served to use up some of the baby food jars I have piling up around my house.

Now for the pictures ^_^

I took the chance one Sunday afternoon to go outside and enjoy the sunflowers and Zinnia's I had planted around the yard and to goof off with my camera.



I got my Fall wreath done too! I had considered just making more decorations for the green wreath I already had, but all the Fall things I had looked so silly paired with it. So I decided to be mentally insane again and wrap another wreath with eyelash yarn (it takes forever, it tangles easily if you don't undo the entire skein and re-ball it, and even then it gets tangled, and just when you think you're done, you go and inspect how tight and close together you think you've wound it, just to feel it slipping and so you have to tighten the whole thing up and add even more! I yi yi, but it's cute, right?)
I love the warmer brown color admittedly. I wish I would have done green with brown accents rather than brown with green on the one "L" in Fall, since it blends in a bit, but I still really love it.



I also decided this is the one I'll use for Winter and painted the letters for Winter already with some really pretty cream, green and deep red. It looks great on the brown. Now I'll just have to make the coordinating decorations to go with it, but not for awhile. I'm loving the Fall, the snow can stay away for a good while. I just want Jackets and cozy-ness for while.

Some of you know this about me, I'm a Halloween freak. Meaning, I love to decorate, I love the time of year, I LOVE making costumes and dressing up and getting everyone around me to dress up and helping them with costumes. Well, I've been working on the girls costumes, but Saturday I decided I wanted to decorate me a little too and painted my toes. I was inspired when I saw a friend post a Halloween pedicure on her Facebook. So I went all Halloweeny on my own toes. After seeing them Addisen declared she had to have the same, and something for her finger nails as well, so we spent the morning painting and listening to Conference on TV. It was a fun girly weekend while Josh was away for drills.


We also got to go to my sisters house for "Ladies Game night" that night. Lots of really good(meaning not good for you mostly) treats, and play games and laugh. Good times were had by all.  
The girls are growing growing growing. Since I last wrote, Amelia decide she was tired of being lazy and started to crawl... all over. She puts everything she finds in her mouth now, and her top left front tooth finally decided to poke through for real yesterday. It's still on it's drop in and the other three top teeth are just behind it. She has not been super pleasant sometimes, but mostly still happy. Now that she can get places... she really get's places. I found her in my bathroom the other day. She'd opened the bottom drawer that has my make-up in it, had pulled out a bunch and was opening EVERYTHING she could. Luckily I caught her before she ate or smeared anything all over. She is a sneaky one. She still would rather be around people and having all their attention than anything else though. We're working on getting her to communicate through sign and sounds, but on that front, she's still being a bit stubborn. She says things for Josh all the time she won't say for me. She loves to say Ball and Mama for him, but will rarely do it for me. We love her! I can't believe she'll be one in less than two weeks!
 

Addisen has been a super helper lately. We are having less fits, she plays with Amelia, will help load laundry and dishes and sweep. She still isn't great about picking up her toys, but really, what 3 year old is. She has been loving to play dress up pretend lately or pretend to cook. She brought me a box of her toys the other day and said "Look Mama!" and I asked what it was and she said, "It's my secret ingredients. All my toys for making something tasty and yummy!" She also brought me a little tin princess purse/lunch box and said, "I made this cake for you." I said it didn't look like cake to me and she opened it up as she said, "It's family cake, see? I put all my families inside." She has a bunch of fisher price 2" family dolls her grandma gave her with a play house. I chuckled, then she told me I had to taste her family cake! Haha, so I had to pretend to eat family cake. I think that was awkward enough that I don't think cannibalism will ever by a problem for me! ^_^

She has also been getting really skilled at writing all the letters of her name and in pretty close to in the right order to boot. She also has become quite the little artist. She draws stuff all the time and brings it to me to tell me what it is. Most of the time I can tell what she is trying to make its great.
Here are some of her chalk animals. A Crab with lots of feet, two snakes, a turtle with a hurt foot or only 3 feet(she couldn't decide), and two Zebra's with long necks or Giraffes. I asked her if they were Giraffes and she said Zebra's and then said, "No Giraffes" Either way, they turned out cute.


I also got my hair done by a cute gal over at the Hair College named Hanna. I decided my blond hair and ginormous darker roots needed to hit the road Jack. I ended up going darker with highlights and I LOVE it. I admit to having a little Bang Buyers remorse on my hair cut, but I've gotten a good response and they are still long enough to pin back or braid back and they'll grow. Pictures curtsey of Addisen and one of them was Josh =]
And as Addisen's retro DVD of cartoons just said... "Yibbada yibbada, That's all folks!"



No comments:

Post a Comment