Well, I've broken down and decided to try and blog again. It's been around 5 years since I last blogged. For some reason, this month seemed like a good time to do it, and turn over a new leaf in a lot of aspects of my life, as is happening in nature. For this month, I'd like to include in my posts (hopefully daily) something I'm Thankful for. Not just any hoe hum thing though. I'd like to consider my life, and the blessings I've received and really be thankful for things.
So, for today. I am thankful for public libraries. I only live two blocks from the library right now, and it has been a haven. We walked there today in the crisp fall air and I fully enjoyed the changing colors. The trees and bushes natural array of colors, the smell of the air. Then the library itself. The Moab library is strange for me. I really like it, but it is weird to walk into the new building and not the old one that is now the sheriffs office.
I am thankful for the Children's reading room most of all the library and it's wonderful staff. (Thank you Charlotte for the fish and the sticker, it made my life much easier! No screaming little girl who didn't want to leave.) If she could tell me, I would bet it is one of Addisen's favorite places to visit. She loves finding her "friends" (the stuffed characters they keep around, i.e. Arthur, Curious George, Burt, Ernie, etc.) and reading books to them. She loves the car garage set, the little doll house, the giant mats, the kitchen set. Today she tried to make friend with another little boy about her size, but he wasn't having any of it. She kept following him around to try and engage him, but nothing doing. Finally she settled with the play kitchen and all the food and things, with out said little boy.
It was amazing to see how much she absorbs from everyday life. The example- She was putting food in pots and pans and plates, then putting it in the oven part of the kitchen set. She was turning the knobs after closing the door, then "pushing" the painted on buttons to make it cook. Then she got the oven mitt on her hand, opened the door and took things out while saying "Careful, very hot" as she took it to the table. These are tasks I do a lot (more now than before, I am trying to cook more, though I like to bake) and I know she watches, it's just crazy to think this 20 month old can comprehend (I know she does, she is always telling me when things are hot) and then proceed to play it out in her own little play time. She constantly surprises me and I love it.
So today, I am thankful for the library and my Addisen Bug.
Janece, I'm glad you started a blog. I love blogs. And I'm thankful for the library as well. We went today too. They are great!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind that I added you to our blog list on our blog. k-nutty.blogspot.com