We had the chance to get together with all of my family (Brothers, sisters, their kids our parents) up at our cabin. It's a little more cramped than the last time we were there, but I loved it. It was great to see family and to get to go to the cabin, it's been a long time.
Anyway, I saw a hairstyle and tutorial I wanted to try. Since Addisen doesn't really know how to sit still for very long and her hair isn't quite long enough for it yet, I decided to have my neices be my guine pigs. It was fun. ^_^ I think they turned out pretty good for my first jaunt into the zig zaging braid style. They sure are cute girls in any case!

These turned out blurry, but I love them any way. Grandpa was found quite often pushing these two or others on the swings.
Again, I'm so glad Addisen has some girl cousins really close to her age. Two little competitive peas in a pod here. They both kept saying "ha ha, I did ___ first" Oh little girls!
They even sometimes let their boy cousin their age play with them. Too bad Addisen had shoved him off a few times before I knew what was going on and before I took this picture.
Then Amelia had her turn with Grandpa's help. I think I might have a little cowgirl on my hands!
Then Amelia had her turn with Grandpa's help. I think I might have a little cowgirl on my hands!
One of my sister's set up some really fun games fro the kids, to help them know how we used to spend time on the mountain. The Cabin we stay at now, the family started building when I was 12, it has electricity, running water, and is VERY large compared to the 2 bedroom cabin that belonged to our grandparents that we stayed in. My experiences are even vastly different from my older siblings. Anyway, they had to play a "outhouse run" game, they got to find fake mice and put cheese on unset mouse traps. They also got to haul water from the old spring in buckets up to the old cabin to see what it was like. All through it they played Mountain Bingo and then got treats.
| Outhouse Run Game |
| Finished Mountain Bingo Cards and treats |
We each had turns making dinner or lunch or breakfast and while I was having lots of fun playing games, Josh was making amazing bread sticks and spagetti for all to enjoy. He didn't mind too much (I hope) since he was listening to the Cowboy Bible, aka Louie Lamor on disc. He did a great job!
| Mom caught us kissing in the kitchen. |
This is what Addisen did with all of her treat stickers... put them on herself and others. I think every shirt she wore and I washed had at least one sticker on it. =]
| "See this one one my chin?" |
Can you tell what's going on? No? I'll tell you. Josh was teaching these 3 little girls how to cut fish! What is even more crazy is that they were all liking it and LAUGHING while he told them about it and were watching. YUCK! Oh well... at least my daughter knows how to gut a fish, which is something I know in theory, but not in practice.
Anyway....
I also took family pictures for some of my siblings, but I'm just going to share the ones of the large group and of my siblings and parents. We aren't a bad looking group. =]
We were all together again for awhile (less on sick brother-in-law), and it was great. I miss it already. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment