Saturday, July 14, 2012

Josh's Birthday

Well... Josh turned the big 3-0. The night before his birthday I surprised him by taking him out to eat, just us. (Thanks Mom for watching the girls). It was nice to have it be just us, it doesn't happen very often. Love our girls, but it's nice to have a few hours alone too.
On his actual Birthday, he only got a few presents since he decided he was going to combine birthday and Anniversary this year to get something big he has wanted. He did get a few small things from the girls though. Nothing was a surprise, as before he could even touch them, Addisen had told him everything we'd bought together for him. ^_^ What a stinker!
She picked out a soft bat and baseball for her dad. I think, mostly so she would have something to play with with him.

Josh's favorite cake is German's Chocolate with pecan-coconut frosting. So, trying to show him how much I love him and test my baking skills. I made one from scratch! I love Taste of Home Magazine so I followed  this recipe since it had such a great rating. Not being a fan of the coconut frosting, I also made some home made chocolate butter cream frosting to put on one of the tiers, since I wasn't sure Addisen and her cousins would like the coconut either.
They didn't turn out quite like the picture since I ran out of time before everyone showed up and just had to go with it, but Josh said it tasted good. Further prodding got him to admit that he liked it, but he wouldn't care if I did it from scratch again. Which was a relief since it was pretty involved. I really liked the chocolate butter cream though, and will probably use it in the future. It was definately decadent eating chocolate on chocolate though.
Anyway, Happy Birthday Babe!

Everyone helping blow out the big candles =]

Amelia's favorite part was eating her dad's ice cream card from grandma.
YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment